As mentioned previously, I was working on some United States Colonial Marines, for a skirmish level AvP set. Well, I finished them months ago, but never got around to posting. So here they are!
Prepping for just another bug hunt
Continue reading “USCM Squad”
So, not much painting progress for a while… But I have been doing some in the background! I love Battletech, and loved the animated series, so I’ve started painting some mech’s based on the schemes in that show, and in the action figure line. Got a lance of the First Somerset Strikers done, and started on some Jade Falcon opposition…
Adam Steiner, Valten Ryder, Zachary “Miles” Hawkins, and Ciro Ramirez reporting for duty!
Continue reading “Information is Ammunition!”
Finished up my predators the other day (one in stealth mode). I went too heavy with too dark a wash, took forever to bring any life back to this mini.
My 15mm AvP skirmish set is nearing completion though! The Marines are well underway, including an APC converted from a 99p shop toy firetruck. I just wish I’d taken some in progress pics, ah well.
So, I finished painting up my sci-fi motorbike cops. They didn’t come out great – I tried OSL and failed, and my concrete bases look a bit pants, but I’ve had enough of these guys now, and need to move on with my lead mountain!
So I painted up some Xenos this week. I apologize for the photo, that much black doesn’t play well with my potato cam skills.
But these are some Khurusan “space demon” minis, with a judicious bit of greenstuff to round out their heads. Now to get some good marines for a nice Aliens set. Also going to make some greenstuff eggs as objective markers… But my sculpting needs more practice first!
I recently got a phone with a much better camera, so enjoy some nicer pictures. There are details now!
I finished a squad of Saurians from 15mm.co.uk, and I’m happy with how they came out. The white and yellow spacesuit colours contrast nicely with the green skin. And my highlighting blends nice and naturally, although its not very prominent. I’ve kept the same basing technique as well, so they match my previous squad nicely.
The only thing I need to change is how I do weapons, as I don’t think they look as good as the rest of the model.
Now I have 2 squads, its time to make some nice terrain, and play some 5 parsecs!
Apologies for the crappy pics, I’m working on a ghetto lightbox at the moment!
Happy with how my 5 test models from the SMAT Battle Squad came out, I sat down and painted the rest the same way. I’m more than happy with how the basin came out… Its supposed to be a lunar/asteroid type surface which I sculpted in green stuff, and I think it came our just right. These 12 guys will make wonderful generic goons for vacuum/thin atmosphere scenarios. Or just as general armour!
I also made a bit of terrain – a little fence made from green stuff and coffee stirrers, and some ISO shipping containers. These were some papercraft designs I printed on photo paper, then folded up. Although originally for 28mm, a little resize before printing did wonders. I found them at TopoSolitario
– he has a few more designs there, I may try and adapt more for 15mm.