I’ve started to design as much 15mm sci-fi scenery/terrain as I can before summer, with the hopes of having a sprawling mess of a gaming table for when I can get a proper group together for a while.
First up was a simple barricade, as pictured above – 4 or 5 of these can really help filter movement on the table! All files available from Thingiverse, as per usual – I’ll update this post if I can get better photos after painting.
Recently I have been looking for board games to play solo, as I don’t always have other players around. Whilst trawling BoardGameGeek lists, I came across Deep Space D-6
And I think it is awesome! It was an entry in their annual Solitaire Print&Play competition, so I grabbed the files, printed out a set and got playing.
Continue reading “Deep Space D-6 – Basic VASSAL Module”
As mentioned previously, I was working on some United States Colonial Marines, for a skirmish level AvP set. Well, I finished them months ago, but never got around to posting. So here they are!
Prepping for just another bug hunt
Continue reading “USCM Squad”
Finished up my predators the other day (one in stealth mode). I went too heavy with too dark a wash, took forever to bring any life back to this mini.
My 15mm AvP skirmish set is nearing completion though! The Marines are well underway, including an APC converted from a 99p shop toy firetruck. I just wish I’d taken some in progress pics, ah well.
So, I finished painting up my sci-fi motorbike cops. They didn’t come out great – I tried OSL and failed, and my concrete bases look a bit pants, but I’ve had enough of these guys now, and need to move on with my lead mountain!
So I painted up some Xenos this week. I apologize for the photo, that much black doesn’t play well with my potato cam skills.
But these are some Khurusan “space demon” minis, with a judicious bit of greenstuff to round out their heads. Now to get some good marines for a nice Aliens set. Also going to make some greenstuff eggs as objective markers… But my sculpting needs more practice first!
I recently got a phone with a much better camera, so enjoy some nicer pictures. There are details now!
I finished a squad of Saurians from 15mm.co.uk, and I’m happy with how they came out. The white and yellow spacesuit colours contrast nicely with the green skin. And my highlighting blends nice and naturally, although its not very prominent. I’ve kept the same basing technique as well, so they match my previous squad nicely.
The only thing I need to change is how I do weapons, as I don’t think they look as good as the rest of the model.
Now I have 2 squads, its time to make some nice terrain, and play some 5 parsecs!
Apologies for the crappy pics, I’m working on a ghetto lightbox at the moment!
Happy with how my 5 test models from the SMAT Battle Squad came out, I sat down and painted the rest the same way. I’m more than happy with how the basin came out… Its supposed to be a lunar/asteroid type surface which I sculpted in green stuff, and I think it came our just right. These 12 guys will make wonderful generic goons for vacuum/thin atmosphere scenarios. Or just as general armour!
I also made a bit of terrain – a little fence made from green stuff and coffee stirrers, and some ISO shipping containers. These were some papercraft designs I printed on photo paper, then folded up. Although originally for 28mm, a little resize before printing did wonders. I found them at TopoSolitario
– he has a few more designs there, I may try and adapt more for 15mm.